Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 24 of 30

Came in at 86kg today, kind of starved a bit yesterday so not too surprise. Bit of a dicky tummy over last number of days. Not good. Feel wreaked.

This day last year I was 92.6kg. This day 2 years ago I was 90kg. This day 3 years ago I was 94kg. So as Charlie Sheen says - "WINNING!"

In October 2007 I was around 86kg-87kg....

Looking back here are the conclusions that I draw for why I put on weight:
1. I am very under pressure with work and what not and effectively end up feeling that everything has to be done ASAP. I take shortcuts with everything including not exercising.
2. I stop exercising. I feel banjaxed. Not sure why but when I feel like that I will come up with every excuse not to exercise.
3. I start eating junk, I feel I'm 'allowed'. I am not exercising so I'm not worried about it. I am also feeling under huge stress and I use it as stress relief.
4. I tend to eat fast and eat large portions. When presented with junk food I eat a lot of it and I eat it very fast.
5. I drink alcohol, this makes me want to eat more and eat junk.

Here are the what works with me losing weight:
1. Doing exercise.
2. Eating no junk food or drinking alcohol.
3. Eating less food, less carbs too.
4. Being tidy, ordered and in control of work.
5. Tracking my weight, feeling that I know where I am with it in terms of the stats.



Had a banana for breakfast after I did my cycle to work.

I'm thinking that some aspects of Paleo work for me but some don't.

When my 30 days are up I'm going to create my own diet that will get me to 79kg and it'll be called Spanj diet - small portions no junk diet. I'll still cut the carbs and I'll focus on eating smaller portions and only when I'm hungry. I'll push with the exercise since that has a good effect and I'll won't drink alcohol. I won't go extreme in any way since this has to morph into a normal way of life once I hit my goal.

Had a chicken salad for lunch. Feel really tired and spaced out.

Had a chicken curry with added lots of veg for dinner. No rice.

Had 2 NA beers, just love those 70 cal per 500ml babies! Pauliner is the biz.

I can see a new Macbook Air at the end of all this:

No comments:

Post a Comment